Dubai will stun you with its unparalleled natural beauty
From a luxury cruise at the Middle Eastern port to sightseeing overview of Dubai’s massive sand dunes, Dubai is leniently blessed with a number of amazing holiday destinations. To start you off we have sampled, 10 amazing Tick off on your wish list the next time you are in the city.
- Jump out of a plane: Whether you are doing it to face your fears or enjoy the adrenaline rush, skydiving in Dubai is an unforgettable experience. Divers can enjoy breath-taking views of the Arabian Gulf, the incredible Palm Jumeirah and the great expanse of the city as they freefall over the Dubai Marina drop zone at Skydive Dubai.
- Go on a luxury cruise: Don’t relegate it to the post-retirement checklist! With Dubai welcoming 23 of the world’s leading cruise liners to Mina Rashid, the most modern and largest dedicated port facility in the Middle East for cruise operations, visitors have a world-class gateway from which to explore the high-seas in style and sophistication. From sprees around the Arabian Gulf to grand voyages to Europe or Asia, the world is just a sail away.
- Publish a book: Every year since 2009, the who’s who of international literati has descended on Dubai to discuss the provocative, the page-turning and the ponderous of the publishing world at the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature. With the list of speakers over the years including luminaries such as Chimamanda Adichie and Frank McCourt, best-sellers like Jeffrey Archer, Lionel Shriver and Yann Martel, and trendsetters such as Abdullah Al Jumah, Chetan Bhagat and Marjane Satrapi, the event offers budding authors a great platform to gain valuable insight into launching their literary careers.
- Drive a supercar: Lamborghinis are not an everyday indulgence for most but petrol-heads can get behind the wheels of a sparkling new Lambo, Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Spider thanks to VIP Luxury Car Rental. With staff on hand to suggest rental models based on budgets, Dubai visitors can revv up and take in the sights in style.
- Get your thrills at a theme park: Adrenaline junkies can experience nerve-jangling rides at Global Village, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Wild Wadi Waterpark and Aquaventure Water Park. To add a bit of intellectual intrigue, step into the pages of a mystery at HintHunt Dubai or Phobia Dubai Escape Rooms. Rest assured, Dubai has it all.
- Be a movie extra: Thanks to the combined prowess of Star Trek (filmed in Dubai) and Star Wars (filmed in the Abu Dhabi desert), the UAE has landed quite definitively on the radar of movie-goers and producers around the world. Serving as the backdrop to international blockbusters such as Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (English), Switch (Chinese), Airlift (Hindi) and Dubai (Tagalog) brings a number of opportunities for those in the city to test their acting chops. Check in with the Dubai Film and TV Commission for the chance to play a beleaguered citizen while the Borgs take over the city.
- Fly in a hot air balloon: There is something magical about silently gliding over golden sand dunes in a massive balloon, watching the sun slowly fill the sky with myriad hues before bursting over the horizon. However, in typical Dubai fashion, you can go one step further. With the help of tour company Platinum Heritage, hot air ballooning experts Balloon Adventures, falconry team Royal Shaheen and car company Land Rover, visitors to Dubai can up the excitement with the addition of a mid-flight falconry experience for an utterly unique experience.
- Tuck into new flavours and delights: From jalapeño shawarma, truffle pasta and toffee shrimp at Parker’s to stuffed camel and mehalabiya, a tasty pudding to crisp falafels and melt-in-your-mouth Iranian ice cream, Dubai is a melting-pot of flavours. From the walkabout Frying Pan Adventures to Dubai Food Festival, the city-wide homage to all things food and flavours, visiting foodies can savour local flavours as well as fare from the kitchens of Michelin-star chefs.
- Experience the vastness of the desert: In Dubai, the great outdoors implies miles of undulating sand dunes and clear star-pinned skies. Explore the dunes, hunt for scorpions and spiders, study constellations or cook a delicious campfire dinner – the crisp desert air and natural environs have a bracing effect on the mind and body. Adventurers can do it on their own, heading out to desert favourites such as Big Red or Al Qudra, or sign up for a desert stay with Arabian Adventures or Extreme Adventure Dubai.
- Swim with Sharks: Ready for a face-off with a deep-sea predator? For those who dare, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo at The Dubai Mall organises Shark Dives – plunging into the depths of a 10-million-litre tank and swimming with the largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks in the world. Certified as well as non-certified divers can experience the shark dive, while those with a PADI license can opt for the shark feeding dive.
2,891 total views, 0 views today