Canberra adult entertainment venues open date has been postponed after four new cases of coronavirus were recorded in the ACT. Some of the last facilities flagged for reopening at midday Friday under stage three easing of restrictions will now wait another two weeks to learn their fate.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr announced on Thursday the easing - which would have allowed businesses to host 25 patrons at a time, or follow the one person per four square metres rule - would not go ahead. Mr Barr said as restrictions have been eased around the country there was always a chance of it making its way to Canberra.
Having opened the club in Mitchell five years ago, Ms Tabban said since the pandemic outbreak it had taken a sever financial hit. Wanderlust dancers initially operated a pizza delivery service after the closure, before the club reopened as a lingerie restaurant in the third week of May. Ms Tabban said it would be very disappointing if the escalation of cases caused them to shut up doors again.
It would be a shame if we had to tell our wonderful customers that they would not be able to see us again for a while," she said. Wanderlust dancer, Cherry said she had been looking forward to an easing of restrictions this weekend, nevertheless looked forward to returning to the lingerie restaurant.
Manager Bronte Taylor said during the closure the club has taken the opportunity to make some changes, including the introduction of sport played on Friday afternoon. Miss Taylor said her concern was not just for adult entertainment venues but for the whole nightlife industry.
Your ad blocker may be preventing you from being able to log in or subscribe.
Home News Latest News. Slow grind for strip clubs with plans to reopen. Ad blocker issue Your ad blocker may be preventing you from being able to log in or subscribe.